Monday, April 06, 2009

 

Last Week in Egypt

Sinai

Right after our concert we hired a mini van to take us to Ras Hasatan in the Sinai Desert. I think that’s my favorite place on the planet. Nataia and I stayed for five days. She got tan, and I got burned and we swam and walked in the desert mountains and gazed at the amazing stars at night and most of all, PRACTICED! Sinai is the best place in the world to practice and we had some incredible sessions on a cliff overlooking the Red Sea with the pink mountains of Saudi Arabia visible on the other side. Paradise!

My Egyptian Movie Star

One day a very attractive Egyptian man tried to join Natalia and I as we were doing our morning yoga in the Sinai Desert. He gave up after 20 minutes, but we ended up hanging out. and it turns out hes a very famous Egyptian Movie Star named Sherif Helmy.. He offered us a ride back to Cairo in his fancy car. Usually when we drive back we are stopped at numerous check points along the way and it takes like eight hours but because Sherif is a movie star and all the soldiers recognized him we breezed through every check point and made it back to Cairo in the record time of 5:30 hours.For the rest of the week I hung out with Sherif and it was so fun getting star treatment everywhere we went! We got go to the Pyramids at 4am when it was totally closed, we got to walk in to a restaurant where you always need a reservation – everyone in Cairo bends over backwards to please him! And the scary thing is, I could totally get used to that kind of treatment!















Movie Set


Sherif is making a new movie and me, Natalia and Marjory got to go onto the set and watch them filming the movie! It was so much fun! He’s such a good actor!











Magic Girls Trio


Now that Rami and Lara have left, its down to a trio – me, natalia and adama. I love trios! We are called the Magic Girls















Nile TV


We had a really fun appearance on Nile TV. Check out how much makeup they put on me! Yuk!










Entourage to Airport


Everyone came to the airport! All of the Newbian boyfriends, Dr Dave, my Movie Star boyfriend and Marjory were all there waving goodbye as we went through security. What a beautiful sight!











Plans with Said


Said El Artist wants me to come to Egypt in the summer and play three concerts with him! Yay! Marjory has a beautiful apartment with a guest room for me, so I’m all hooked up. We will play in the Citadel in Cairo, the Citadel in Alexadria and in the Cairo Opera House, ein sh’alla. I’ve never been to Cairo in the summer, I bet it’s gonna be HOT!!!!

Extending my Trip

Back in Istanbul, I realized that I have nothing scheduled for the first two weeks of April and the guy who owns the apartment in Istanbul said I could rent my room for those two weeks, so I said , why the heck not? and so now I’m staying here to practice for another two weeks! Yay! Bunyamin is excited that I’m staying and he said we can practice together every day. Yay!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?